Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: passwd knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    passwd knoppix

    I Was wondering if I was to put the following command into a script that I called at boot time, would it work?

    passwd knoppix $'\n' 'NewPassword' $'\n' 'NewPassword' $'\n'

    Trying to get the password automatically set upon boot to a default password of my choosing (Yes I know it's insecure, but it's not something I'm worried about the security on)

    The $'n' is supposed to be a carriage return (Enter I'm hoping).

    Will this this work or is there something else I need to do to do what I want this to do? I'm not at a machine I can test it on at the moment or else I wouldn't have posted that

  2. #2
    Why do you need the password?
    You want to start a sshd? Then start it from the hdd while customizing, create the keys, set the password and stop it. And create the compressed fs.

    Bye

Similar Threads

  1. forgot root passwd?
    By pureone in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 04:02 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 10:53 AM
  3. knoppix 3.3 'default' root passwd???
    By Cerebrus in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 01:49 PM
  4. Samba passwd
    By mrmdls in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 11:43 PM
  5. Boot init2, login as user:go passwd:go and telnet to Mybox
    By Phredd in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00