-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Installed Knoppix to HD for first time.

Originally Posted by
Gthang
What additions to Knoppix have been made to the wireless networking segment, since my version 4.0.2? ...
I can tell you that I have 4 wireless cards, and only one of the worked in Knoppix 4.02. In 5.0.1, 5.1.0 and 5.1.1 I can report that none of them worked! I can't comment on 5.2.x versions, they have not officially been released to the Internet yet.
I strongly suggest that you take the other advice and use a distro more suitable for hard disk install. Overall I'm not as impressed with Umbutu as I am with Debian, but you very well might find that it is a better fit to certain hardware. If I were you I would do a trial install of Unbutu and either the current "testing" or "unstable" version of Debian. If you find that Umbutu has support for hardware that you need that Debian doesn't, then consider going with it. If Debian meets your hardware support needs as well or better than Unbutu then I suggest going with Debian.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Howard Kaikow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 04:47 PM
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
-
By GaTk in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
-
By Nightshade7676 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01