-
Senior Member
registered user
WTFont -- or who broke multi-byte support in XMMS?(And how?)
I just can't get to the bottom of this. If I open an ogg on my Knoppix/Debian drive from my SuSE drive, XMMS displays accented characters perfectly. In Knoppix/Debian with the same settings in XMMS, and the same font, the only accent I can see is i with an umlaut! There is no ç à and so on. The characters with ç and à are simply missed out.
I've upgraded XMMS, played about with dfontmgr (sorry, I really can't understand the man page and I don't know what controls which fonts are available to XMMS anyway) all to no avail. It's really begining to annoy me. I suspect that there's some script somewhere controlling this, but where?

Edited: must have been really tired -- I put Gentoo where I meant Debian/Knoppix!
Similar Threads
-
By sunburnt in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
-
By Shadda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By joshua in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 02:15 AM
-
By eviscerate in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s
$45.49

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$13.99

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46