-
Problem with unwritable USB key persistent home directory
I followed the directions in Knowing Knoppix to create a persistent home directory on a USB key, but am now unable to make it work. It seems my USB key is being mounted read-only (as /media/sdb1), so that when I tell knoppix home=/dev/sdb1/knoppix.img, the knoppix.img seems to be mounted read-only, which makes it not work as a persistent home directory. Is there some way to fix this? A kernel argument? Or is there something I need to do to get the USB key mounted as R/W?
When I click on the device icon in kde, it shows as owner: rw, group: r and others: r, with no execute permissions
But the *device* is marked as read only. Is there anything I can do about this? I can set it to R/W after boot, of course, but that seems to be too late.
When I look at the output of mount, I see a unionfs that has /ramdisk and /KNOPPIX in it, but nothing about my knoppix.img.
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks,
R
P.S. My title was wrong, btw. The problem isn't that the persistent home directory (persistent hd) is not readable, the problem is that it's not writable making it, well, not persistent.
Similar Threads
-
By jm47048 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2006, 11:59 PM
-
By hawkeye in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By Geof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00