-
Knoppix 5.1.1 - 128MB swap on P2-200MHz 32MB RAM doesnt work
That's right a Pentium 200MHz with 32Mb of RAM
I'm trying to use Knoppix 5.1.1 KDE with a swap file size of 128Mb and it doesn't work
I thought a larger swap file would allow you to run it?
I first tried a swap file of 60Mb and after trying to load it said I needed 82Mb of RAM and it just loaded knoppix with a shell prompt. Then I tried a swap file size of 128Mb, it took forever to finish doing what it was doing (running on 30 minutes or so) then finally it said. You need at least 82Mb more memory.
Am I going to be able to use the GUI in knoppix with this setup or am I going to have to find more RAM.
Similar Threads
-
By DragonX444 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 01:09 AM
-
By emperor in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:06 AM
-
By sweeper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By royalts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

**77%-89% HEALTH**HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
$69.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" Enterprise SATA 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724020ALA640
$54.99

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99

Western Digital 2TB WD2003FYYS-02W0B0 3.5" SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive
$44.99