I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip
Desktop
iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 wlan0
Laptop
iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
When I try to ping each other I get nothing.
Do I need to add IP address to /etc/hosts ?
Please help a dummy, I'd be very grateful.
I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$245.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00
Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00
Vintage Toshiba Libretto 70CT Mini Notebook with Port Replicator and 32MB Memory
$320.00
Apple Vintage External CD-ROM Drive Unit
$52.78
VINTAGE Apple Quantum ProDrive LT 700MB 3.5" OEM Hard Drive SCSI 50pin Mac
$69.99
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99