I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip
Desktop
iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 wlan0
Laptop
iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
When I try to ping each other I get nothing.
Do I need to add IP address to /etc/hosts ?
Please help a dummy, I'd be very grateful.
I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00
Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99
Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99
Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion
$105.00
COMMODORE 250466 REPLICA BUILD | NTSC | VIC-II KAWARI | NEW CHIPS
$379.99
Commodore 128 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99