I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip
Desktop
iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 wlan0
Laptop
iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
When I try to ping each other I get nothing.
Do I need to add IP address to /etc/hosts ?
Please help a dummy, I'd be very grateful.
I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99