I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip
Desktop
iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 wlan0
Laptop
iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
When I try to ping each other I get nothing.
Do I need to add IP address to /etc/hosts ?
Please help a dummy, I'd be very grateful.
I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00