-
Harddrive Crash Help...
I am a definite newbie to Linux/Knoppix. I used to play around a little with the Knoppix 3.3, but am rusty at best. My problem is this... My wife has a Dell Latitude D620 and the harddrive decided to crash, placing approximately 35gb worth of pictures in peril. Some of these have been backed up, but others have not and I was needing to get them off before I reformat ( These pictures include wedding/honeymoon, etc.- very important to my wife ). We tried to speak with Dell but of course they want to charge over $150 just to look at the drive with no guarantees, so I figured I would try myself first. I have a Western Digital External/USB Harddrive that I am trying to copy the pictures to, but I cannot get it to recognize the drive. I am currently using version 3.3, because it is what I had from the past, but am in the process of downloading 5.1 to see if that would help. Any thoughts or comments? Again I am a newbie and am at the stage where I understand what is going on if someone leads me in the direction, but am lost on my own, and am afraid that I may screw something up if I just blindly fire commands. We appreciate any help, and for instructions...the simpler the better
Similar Threads
-
By Capt. Cautious in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 04:37 AM
-
By Nils in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:24 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 10:39 PM
-
By drg55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:57 PM
-
By pirozzi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99