-
Toshiba Satellite A15-S127, Linksys WPC54Gv3.1, Knoppix 4.0
Hi -
I'm a newbie to Linux and Knoppix. I've been trying to get my machine networked via wireless for about 2 weeks.
I've found numerous posts about Linksys PCMCIA wireless cards but I haven't found one yet that describes my problem:
When I boot with Knoppix, the wireless card power light turns on but the link never lights up.
During boot, I've noticed that 'cardmgr' is loaded to manage PCMCIA cards.
I've found the rt2500.inf driver and loaded the driver via ndiswrapper, then used 'modprobe ndiswrapper', whatever that is.
ndiswrapper -l tells me 'rt2500 driver present' - it says nothing about hardware
ifconfig -a lists eth0 and lo but doesn't list a 'wlan0' device
I'm beginning to suspect an IRQ conflict because the device just doesn't exist to Knoppix AFAIK
and, when I load ndiswrapper and tail dmesg, I see the line 'Spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7'
What do I do?
Thanks,
Jon
Similar Threads
-
By vegasfan32 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2009, 07:27 AM
-
By ramu_kellogg98 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-17-2006, 10:03 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-25-2005, 08:01 AM
-
By bureado in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 02:42 PM
-
By inverse123 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 02:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00