-
Trouble with loading Knoppix into RAM.
As the title says, I'm having trouble with loading Knoppix into ram via the knoppix toram command. The copy to the ram goes fine until about 50% at which point the transfer goes from 5MBps+ to less than 50kbps. It speeds up again around 60%, and when it gets to 100%, I get an error of eight files and it starts over. When it reaches 100% the second time, I get an error that says that it could not be copied, ramdisk possibly has not enough space left. I have 1GB of ram, so I don't think its a problem with not enough memory. Despite these errors, Knoppix manages to load.
When I try to take out the Knoppix CD inside the OS, it gives me an error that says, verbatim;
Unfortunately, the device
system:/media/hda (/dev/hda) named
'KNOPPIX' and currently mounted at
/cdrom could not be unmounted. The following error was returned by unmount command:
unmount: /cdrom is not in the fstab (and you are not root)
Since I only have this single DVD burner, I would like to load the OS into the memory so I can burn DVDs for file backups.
Similar Threads
-
By compuwiz12 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2007, 10:17 PM
-
By Countergod in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-12-2007, 11:17 PM
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By Asaf-g in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 07:10 PM
-
By shars in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 03:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4
$1840.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU
$319.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00

Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019
$174.99