-
wired networking issue in Knoppix 5.2
I'm running on an Acer 5200 (which I can't seem to find much Linux related compatibility info on) and I've been having some issues with connecting to both my wired and wireless network.
When I'm in the Network Settings dialog box, I see both my ethernet (eth0) and wireless (ath0) connections. When I click on Properties, they're both enabled, and when I click on Properties for the wireless connection, I can even see local networks listed. When I try to activate either of them however, I get the message "Could not enable the interface X. Check that the settings are correct for this network and that the computer is correctly connected to it.
I've double and tripple checked the settings for the wireless connection (which I would typically assume is simply a driver problem) and made certain that the laptop is connected to a working ethernet cable (tested that with a quick boot to Windows), so I am baffled as to what could be wrong. If anyone could help out, I would really appreciate it, and if I missed the answer buried somewhere in the forums ala FAQ #7, sorry.
-Draque
-
Senior Member
registered user
If your wireless works on windows xp, you have a very big chance you can make it runs on Knoppix 5.1.1
I just added a FAQ entry to the Network FAQ section under the topic "How to setup the wireless connection using ndiswrapper under Knoppix 5.1.1".
Take a look at it and it might help to solve your problem.
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By jaques1 in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
-
By ploskinj in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM
-
By xeriphism in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2006, 03:49 PM
-
By zillah in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:05 AM
-
By thetroyv in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00