Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: wired networking issue in Knoppix 5.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1

    wired networking issue in Knoppix 5.2

    I'm running on an Acer 5200 (which I can't seem to find much Linux related compatibility info on) and I've been having some issues with connecting to both my wired and wireless network.

    When I'm in the Network Settings dialog box, I see both my ethernet (eth0) and wireless (ath0) connections. When I click on Properties, they're both enabled, and when I click on Properties for the wireless connection, I can even see local networks listed. When I try to activate either of them however, I get the message "Could not enable the interface X. Check that the settings are correct for this network and that the computer is correctly connected to it.

    I've double and tripple checked the settings for the wireless connection (which I would typically assume is simply a driver problem) and made certain that the laptop is connected to a working ethernet cable (tested that with a quick boot to Windows), so I am baffled as to what could be wrong. If anyone could help out, I would really appreciate it, and if I missed the answer buried somewhere in the forums ala FAQ #7, sorry.

    -Draque

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204
    If your wireless works on windows xp, you have a very big chance you can make it runs on Knoppix 5.1.1

    I just added a FAQ entry to the Network FAQ section under the topic "How to setup the wireless connection using ndiswrapper under Knoppix 5.1.1".

    Take a look at it and it might help to solve your problem.

    Rgds,
    Chip

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 6.3 Live CD Wired Connection
    By jaques1 in forum Networking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM
  3. knoppix 5.01 networking issue
    By xeriphism in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 03:49 PM
  4. Knoppix V4 and wired card configuration
    By zillah in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:05 AM
  5. HELP: wired yes, wireless no
    By thetroyv in forum Networking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller picture

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller

$68.99