Quote Originally Posted by Wakenaam
. I downloaded a copy of Knoppix 5.1.1 and burned a CD from it. My computer would not boot from it. ........ I ordered a CD from The Linux Store, still it would not boot from this Knoppix CD. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thank you.
There are two different things here, which may or may not be related. I don't know what the Linux store offers, but CDs done as a high speed burns (as opposed to pressed CDs) often fail to boot. So without more information I'm not sure if your system is at fault or the CDs.

Can the computer boot other bootable CDs?

How did you make that CD? Many people who are new at this don't know how to properly burn an ISO file to a CD. This is a very common problem here. See the downloading faq for details.

What happens when you try to boot the Knoppix CD? Does the CD spin at all? Do you get any error message? Do you get a DR-DOS prompt? What do you see if you look at the Knoppix CD that you made under windows?