-
Lilo: Configure to allow running of PMI?
Very impressed with Knoppix 3.6 - thanks are due to everyone involved, and to the posters on these forums.
Managed to do full HD install on 2nd hard disc, set up Lilo for Linux24, Linux26, and Win98 - all working fine. Want to be able to run PMI (copy of /KNOPPIX from CD to root directory of device, renamed as K36d to distinguish from the CD version) from a USB stick, but machine cannot boot from USB. Can boot it from floppy and it 'finds' the USB PMI ok. Is it possible to set up Lilo so that I can select an option to run USB PMI from the Lilo boot screen without using floppies?
I thought that I might be able to put linux24 and minirt24.gz somewhere on hda or hdb, and use an "append" to tell knoppix to look for the USB directory? I assumed I had to make the same directory structure as on the CD. I first tried a dummy run on hdb1 (Win98 partition) to see if I could get PMI to run from a hard disc from Lilo, but Lilo rejected this entry in the .conf file:
other=/dev/hdb1
image=/K36d/boot/isolinux/linux24
label="Knoppix 3.6"
initrd=/K36d/boot/isolinux/minirt24.gz
append="ramdisk_size=100000 lang=uk apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi #hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce "
read-only
Is it ever possible to use Lilo to initiate PMI?
If so, any pointer to the relevant directory structure would be helpful. I could probably work out the Lilo.conf entries from there.
Once again, many thanks to everybody, in so many threads, which I found useful before taking the plunge!
Islander
Similar Threads
-
By smolk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-20-2006, 09:48 AM
-
By hellospencer1 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
-
By johnfila in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 12:54 PM
-
By jsavage in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By dakota201 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed
$125.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00