-
Sound sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
Sound seems to be sort of hit-or-miss on my system. Some boots, it works fine, while on others, it will not work at all. I'm using a headset as I have no speakers on this computer. Like I said, on some boots the sound comes just file and plays my MP3s perfectly. However, on other ones, it refuses to load no matter what settings I play with. I've tried changing the Master Channel to see if that makes a difference but nothing else.
This is my first boot after wiping my HDD of all files, so any Audio drivers I might have had are probably gone, however I was having this problem before as well. Also, all my other peripherals seem to work fine.
My copy of Knoppix is from the Bittorrent and burned at 4x CD speed.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Sound sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Originally Posted by
Flanker
.... however I was having this problem before as well. .....
Do you mean you had this problem with Windows also, or just with Knoppix before you wiped the disk?
This is not a common problem, it might help someone help you if you listed all of your hardware, particularly the sound card in use and any related equipment. Is thew headphone plugged into the back of the computer or a jack in the front? If the front, you might try the back and see if the audio is there when it's not coming out the front.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By kirol in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
-
By UDHA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 10:28 AM
-
By jozien in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 05:03 AM
-
By sgs9198 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:40 PM
-
By garyng in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 03:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$129.00

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$89.99

ION iCade Arcade Cabinet for Apple iPad Battery Powered Atari Factory Sealed
$78.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00