Hi,
I use a headless server on which sometime, for maintenance purposes, I need to boot from a recovery or Live CD like Knoppix. Is it possible with Knoppix to activate a serial console or the ssh server at boot time?
Thanks in advance.
Jimmi
Hi,
I use a headless server on which sometime, for maintenance purposes, I need to boot from a recovery or Live CD like Knoppix. Is it possible with Knoppix to activate a serial console or the ssh server at boot time?
Thanks in advance.
Jimmi
If your serial console is hooked up to COM1, for instance, you just use the standard kernel parameters to set the console to output to the serial console, just add:
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,9600n8
as "cheat codes".
To add the ssh server at boot, you would need to either set up a persistent image to start it, or add a knoppix.sh to the KNOPPIX/ directory on the cd that would start the ssh service and set the root password.
Thanks greenfly!
In order to use this option I would need the boot screen on the serial console, that it is not activated by default. I must look if there is a grub or lilo menu file to add the option to.Originally Posted by greenfly
This seems easier: I will test it and come back with a feedback.Originally Posted by greenfly
Jimmi

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
Sony Ruggedized Raid PSZ-RA Thunderbolt 2 Portable RAID Array (12TB)
$419.00