Everything works great with Knoppix on my p3 micronpc transportGX laptop... except... my mouse shows up as a big white block about 70x70 pixels.
any thoughts on how I can fix this?
Everything works great with Knoppix on my p3 micronpc transportGX laptop... except... my mouse shows up as a big white block about 70x70 pixels.
any thoughts on how I can fix this?
What kind of video card? (Use scanpci or lspci to obtain PCI ids.)
KNOPPIX has known problems with particular chipsets (e.g. Neomagic). Someone needs to fix what's broken in /usr/share/hwdata/Cards.
Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and uncomment the line
Option "sw_cursor"
It is in the "Device" section
If you are running from CD restart the xserver. I do it from the command line with init 3 then init 5
Good luck!
Mike
I used lspci and my VCA controller lists as: S3 Inc. 86C270-294 Savage/IX-MV (rev 13)Originally Posted by EPS
Is this considered a troublesome one?
This worked!Originally Posted by mmaki
If I'm running from a cd, how can I get it to boot this way all the time. Restarting forces me change it all over again.
Save your configuration to a floppy there is an option off the Knoppix menu for this, then boot using the floppyconfig cheat code.Originally Posted by elEcho

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99