-
Junior Member
registered user
Converting RPM package to deb pkg gives error. Oracle instal
I was trying to Install Oracle 10g-xe on Knoppix 5.0 which I installed on the hard disk.
I got a debian package oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm which I was converting with the following command.
# alien --to-deb oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm
But it threw errors and following is the list of errors.
chmod: changing permissions of `oracle-xe-10.2.0.1//usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/hs/admin/inithsodbc.ora': Operation not supported.
Package build failed. Here's the log:
dh_testdir
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k -d
dh_installdirs
dh_installdocs
install: cannot change owner and/or group of `debian/oracle-xe/usr': Operation not supported
dh_installdocs: command returned error code 256
It gave the operation not supported message for a number of files. I have quoted only one file above. I tried to locate the dh_ log files but couldnt find them.
Similar Threads
-
By johnrw in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2008, 03:19 AM
-
By morbidpalooza in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 08:37 PM
-
By yekibud in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 10:35 AM
-
By dago_m in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 09:47 AM
-
By efequis in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco SFP-10G-LR TransceiverMulti Mode Module Tested Lot of 4
$44.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Lot of 64 Cisco GLC-SX-MMD SFP Transceivers 10-2626-01
$150.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU5M to Intel XDACBL5M Compatible TAA Compliant 10GBase-CU
$112.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99