Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Harry, adding wireless networking document on FAQ

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Harry, adding wireless networking document on FAQ

    Harry,

    I maybe off topic here but I don't know where to go.

    Recently, I tried the Knoppix 5.1.1 on three of my laptops (Dell 600, 610 and Compaq N600C with Linksys WPC11 V.4 pcmcia wireless card)

    I used the ndiswrapper method, and I have success on all three machine by establishing the wireless connection to my wireless at home.

    I see a lot of wireless questions going on here in this forum, so I tried to add my successful case really in detail to the FAQ page, but I found that my input sits there and seems like going nowhere. Can you take a look on it?

    BTW. I added my steps on Documentation => FAQ (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Category:FAQ_Page )

    Thanks a lot.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Harry, adding wireless networking document on FAQ

    Harry,

    I figured it out now. I moved my text to Document => FAQ => Network FAQ and follows the Q & A format.

    Sorry for the stupid question here.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Chip,

    It looks like you may have already resolved this. I see changes to the wiki after the timestamp of the above post. They look right.

    I'm not clear what was going wrong. And I not at all a wiki expert. I have made a number of wiki additions, but these were pretty much in the form of looking at the format of what was already there and duplicating it. I don't have any special tools or abilities in the wiki, other than the privledge of being able to roll back spammer posts that deface the wiki and destroy good data. If your still having problems I suggest posting back in the general forum or lounge and post details of the problem so that some wiki expert may help. Alternately you may find some documentation to help at Mediawiki, which is the wiki software our forum uses.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    Chip,

    It looks like you may have already resolved this. I see changes to the wiki after the timestamp of the above post. They look right.

    I'm not clear what was going wrong. And I not at all a wiki expert. I have made a number of wiki additions, but these were pretty much in the form of looking at the format of what was already there and duplicating it. I don't have any special tools or abilities in the wiki, other than the privledge of being able to roll back spammer posts that deface the wiki and destroy good data. If your still having problems I suggest posting back in the general forum or lounge and post details of the problem so that some wiki expert may help. Alternately you may find some documentation to help at Mediawiki, which is the wiki software our forum uses.
    No Harry, it's my mistake. I went to the wrong page to edit. I did not read the instructions carefully on the FAQ page.

    Anyway, I think I resolve it at last and I post a "How to" Q & A there and hopefully it can help the newbie just like me.

    Rgds,
    Chip

Similar Threads

  1. Get wireless networking going?
    By Lilt in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:25 PM
  2. New guy needs help with wireless networking
    By ebazz in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
  3. Help with wireless networking
    By DukeXC in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
  4. need wireless networking help
    By thellamafarm in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
  5. Wireless Networking
    By jrankin2 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

$635.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99