While knoppix does include KDE, you will probably get more help in a CentOs or KDE forum:I am running CentOS 5
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=3
http://www.kde-forum.org/
http://amarok.kde.org/forum/
and remember, GIYF
I am running CentOS 5 and for the life of me can't find a way to install Amarok and it is driving me crazy!
I got my hopes up running and installing Amarok through Klik. It seems that it installed fine (I installed Amarok and the Amarok engines) but when I run Amarok, I get the following error:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amaroK could not find any sound-engine plugins. amaroK is now updating the KDE configuration database. Please wait a couple of minutes, then restart amaroK.
If this does not help, it is likely that amaroK is installed under the wrong prefix, please fix your installation using:
$ cd /path/to/amarok/source-code/
$ su -c "make uninstall"
$ ./configure --prefix='kde-config --prefix' && su -c "make install"
$ kbuildsycoca
$ amarok
More information can be found in the README file. For further assistance join us at #amarok on irc.freenode.net
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know a way I can get amaroK to find the sound engines?
While knoppix does include KDE, you will probably get more help in a CentOs or KDE forum:I am running CentOS 5
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=3
http://www.kde-forum.org/
http://amarok.kde.org/forum/
and remember, GIYF
This means that Amarok is using plug-ins via the KDE plug-in infrastructure. Unfortunately the KDE plug-in infrastructure uses a cache that is not aware of the plugins that are inside your cmg file. Hence, Amarok thinks they are missing.
We are aware of this general issue. Currently, KDE applications that rely on plug-ins do not work correctly with klik. It might be possible, however, to hand-tweak the wrapper file for amarok.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046
$24.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00