-
Problems Getting Amarok to work
I am running CentOS 5 and for the life of me can't find a way to install Amarok and it is driving me crazy!
I got my hopes up running and installing Amarok through Klik. It seems that it installed fine (I installed Amarok and the Amarok engines) but when I run Amarok, I get the following error:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amaroK could not find any sound-engine plugins. amaroK is now updating the KDE configuration database. Please wait a couple of minutes, then restart amaroK.
If this does not help, it is likely that amaroK is installed under the wrong prefix, please fix your installation using:
$ cd /path/to/amarok/source-code/
$ su -c "make uninstall"
$ ./configure --prefix='kde-config --prefix' && su -c "make install"
$ kbuildsycoca
$ amarok
More information can be found in the README file. For further assistance join us at #amarok on irc.freenode.net
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know a way I can get amaroK to find the sound engines?
Similar Threads
-
By ml2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
-
By evilsteff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-16-2005, 12:11 PM
-
By evilsteff in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-16-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By rpeck in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By dzogchen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 16
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00