How is it connected to your box? USB?
Have you looked in /var/log/syslog for any errors? Open that file up and see what happens when you start the camera and what happens when it fails.
Anybody an idea on how to restart a webcam that's stuck ?
I'm using an OV511 based webcam (Creative pro) .
The moment I enable (using gqcam and others )the camera it works.
It keeps working for about 2 minutes and it stops.
Anybody an idea how to solve this ?
How is it connected to your box? USB?
Have you looked in /var/log/syslog for any errors? Open that file up and see what happens when you start the camera and what happens when it fails.
syslog stays empty .
I suppose it's the one located on /ramdisk/.... ?
I forgot to mention that there are 2 webcams connected.
I'm working on an EPIA V8000
Does this influence this ?
problem is gone since new kernel 2.4.21
thnks anyway

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard
$45.00
GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00