I am trying to remaster a KnoppixSTD CD. (Their forum doesnt have much activity so I am posting here). I have installed to the hard drive and have copied the CDs file system to the drive. I chroot to that directory and try to update my packages.
No matter what I have tried, including googling for answers, I can not find anything that fixes my problem. Most posts say to remove and recreate the available file and toggle back and forth between apt-get clean and apt-get update/apt-get dist-upgrade. I cannot even apt-get install apt or apt-get install debconf. Even when I try to use dselect or dpkg I get errors.
HELP!!!!!!

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop Processor CPU SR1QJ
$10.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00