-
HELP! can't mmap package info file `/var/lib/dpkg/available'
I am trying to remaster a KnoppixSTD CD. (Their forum doesnt have much activity so I am posting here). I have installed to the hard drive and have copied the CDs file system to the drive. I chroot to that directory and try to update my packages.
No matter what I have tried, including googling for answers, I can not find anything that fixes my problem. Most posts say to remove and recreate the available file and toggle back and forth between apt-get clean and apt-get update/apt-get dist-upgrade. I cannot even apt-get install apt or apt-get install debconf. Even when I try to use dselect or dpkg I get errors.
HELP!!!!!!
Similar Threads
-
By willbrown in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
-
By MaldiGola in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 03:47 AM
-
By kayl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By kompressor in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4
$59.45

Lot 15 Vintage ISA Controller Cards IDE MFM RLL Winchester Floppy I/O PC XT AT
$179.95

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT
$149.95

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT
$149.95

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00