I am trying to remaster a KnoppixSTD CD. (Their forum doesnt have much activity so I am posting here). I have installed to the hard drive and have copied the CDs file system to the drive. I chroot to that directory and try to update my packages.
No matter what I have tried, including googling for answers, I can not find anything that fixes my problem. Most posts say to remove and recreate the available file and toggle back and forth between apt-get clean and apt-get update/apt-get dist-upgrade. I cannot even apt-get install apt or apt-get install debconf. Even when I try to use dselect or dpkg I get errors.
HELP!!!!!!

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50