I am trying to remaster a KnoppixSTD CD. (Their forum doesnt have much activity so I am posting here). I have installed to the hard drive and have copied the CDs file system to the drive. I chroot to that directory and try to update my packages.
No matter what I have tried, including googling for answers, I can not find anything that fixes my problem. Most posts say to remove and recreate the available file and toggle back and forth between apt-get clean and apt-get update/apt-get dist-upgrade. I cannot even apt-get install apt or apt-get install debconf. Even when I try to use dselect or dpkg I get errors.
HELP!!!!!!

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99