Does anyone have a modified linuxrc version that will work on a USB flash?
Please read below:
have no problem booting all the way through on a USB Flash drive using the version 5.1.1 latest version.
For version 3.6 I have an issue it never reads the knoppix image file in time so I end up with file system root not found sending you to a basic shell.
Here is what I see when v5.1.1 boots:
Allowing Slow USB devices some more time to register: Ok
Accessing knoppix cd: Ok
Found Primary knoppix compressed Image at cdrom/knoppix/knoppix.
This is the part that never happens in v3.6.
I read in a thread that you can modify the linuxrc file and increase the delay time known as "sleep" .
Not sure if that is what they were talking about.
What line of script do I need to modify or can I ask exactly what section do I put that script into?
I think I also remember reading right after you see INSMOD section for Firewire and USB.
I saw that section and saw a "sleep" part set at I think it was 2 or 3 seconds.
Will increasing that to like 6-8 seconds make it have more time to see the image on the USB stick Media or not?
Also what section of the linuxrc file gives you this:
"
Allowing Slow USB devices some more time to register: Ok
Accessing knoppix cd: Ok
Found Primary knoppix compressed Image at cdrom/knoppix/knoppix."
Maybe I can add that script to the linuxrc knoppix version 3.6?
I am desperate for help on this.
Is there something I can add or maybe even borrow the linuxrc file from the minirt.gz file from the version 5.1.1 knoppix and replace it with the 3.6 version linuxrc?
What do I do please? Anyone who is an expert on this would be greatly appreciated.
I already tried the cheat codes like knoppix bootfrom=/dev/sda1
That will never work because its reading the media to quickly and not giving it a chance to read the knoppix image.
Is there a cheatcode not listed that you can send out at the boot prompt to create a delay.
Hope someone can help me on this?
Btw it boots up fine on two desktops but just not on the Dell D820 Latitude which I think is related to the USB speed. I also changed the BIOS to compatibility mode.
Also I think there has to be some other script in there for the USB device? I thin kit one line of script posted here a while back. It would be a lot easier just to get amodified linuxrc file or minirt.gz file to try for version 3.6

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99