-
Help with windows system file restore
Hello, sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm a noob when it comes to Linux. My PC will no longer boot to windows and I'm trying to copy my system_restore files to windows\system32\config folder using Knoppix ver 5.1 When trying to boot to Windows XP, I get an error WIndows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system. When I boot into Knoppix, my hard disk is listed as "Hard disk [SDA1]" I mounted the drive and when I change read\write status, I get an error stating THe remount command failed. Maybe there is another process accessing the filesystem currently. Can someone PLEASE help?
Similar Threads
-
By elohnah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2009, 04:23 AM
-
By KnoppixIsOk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:27 PM
-
By sakiZ in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2007, 02:13 AM
-
By apoc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 04:31 AM
-
By TMcGrath in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99