-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
KnoppixIsOk
I simply click on the drive to get the menu, then enabled write access and it worked. I fixed the Windows corrupted file and now Windows boots up.
I don't think you read or believed all of what I wrote. For a long time Linux efforts to write to NTFS have met with disaster. I personally believe this is by Microsoft's own design. There are some vague claims that Knoppix 5.x might be able to write to NTFS, but I'm far from convinced that's it's safe and stable yet. I did not advise you to write to a NTFS partition.
Unfortunately, the corruption that has been seen sometimes ruins the partition right away, but sometimes it leaves the system apparently working for a while and then the partition self destructs later. I wish you luck, and please let us know if your system stays working in the coming months. But if I were you, I would also make sure that I have good backups of everything I needed, just in case.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By orzz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
-
By wquay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By apoc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 04:31 AM
-
By knopppixnewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
-
By evermuse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00