-
Booting the right Swiss locale / keyboard layout
Hi all,
I have a simple question I could not answer on my own: what does the lang=ch cheatcode mean? Switzerland has 3 (4) national languages, and two keyboard layout variants (Swiss German and Swiss French), and lang=ch is not self explanatory...
I would like to boot Knoppix with the right language / locale / keyboard layout, in order to avoid changing it in the KDE control panel after the desktop has started. How could I do that?
My settings are:
Language: Italian
Country/Locale: Switzerland
Keyboard Layout: Swiss German (or CH variant de)
If I set lang=it at boot, KDE assumes an Italian locale (which in my case is wrong since for example I want Swiss Franc as currency instead of Euro). I also have problems with the keyboard layout since the Italian keyboard is different from the Swiss German one...
Every hint is really appreciated
Thanks a lot
Andrea
Similar Threads
-
By shantanuo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2008, 11:52 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
-
By mzruya in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By tonyleake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 08:50 PM
-
By GuineaPig in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS X 10.1 Puma Upgrade CD Box M8621LL/A (2001) Factory Sealed
$22.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage MCE Lucid Portable FireWire CDRW Drive Clear Case FWRW161024 Mac OS X
$39.98

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00