Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I install a modem driver.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3

    How do I install a modem driver.

    Okay, I finally got Linux working via the Knoppix CD, but I have a question... everything works, except my modem (and printer)... so I found the information for my modem (below):

    ------
    PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
    VENDOR ID : 14F1
    DEVICE ID : 2F00
    SUBVENDOR ID : 155D
    SUBDEVICE ID : 8D8B
    REVISION ID : 01

    DEDUCED INFORMATION:
    VENDOR NAME : CONEXANT
    DEVICE NAME : HSF CHURCHILL DATA/FAX
    ------

    ...and so I found the drivers (a .rpm file) and saved it to a disk. Then I ran knoppix... I clicked on the icon to install the drivers and then I get an error about a dir. not existing (sorry I dont have a c&p of the error)...

    I have searched the forum but cant find the answer? Is it possible to install this driver when just running knoppix off the CD, if so what am I doing wrong? Sorry for the newbiness. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Check this post out. Don't be afeared!

Similar Threads

  1. Included Modem Driver Not Working
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 11:46 PM
  2. Modem Driver Conversion
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 04:10 AM
  3. Need Modem Driver
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 11:30 PM
  4. Modem Driver
    By chrisjrn in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:36 AM
  5. Itex modem driver
    By Roman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS picture

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS

$67.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99