Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: kwifi vs kwlan: how to?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2

    kwifi vs kwlan: how to?

    I've used Knoppix 4 for a year and its been a joy to network: I click on kwifi and instantly I'm on the network with a handy graph for connection strength. I recently installed Knoppix 5.11 to the HD and after the first hour I'm afraid: "the network is unreachable". Kwlan reports "unable to configure wlan interface using iwconfig". I've been messing around with the command line to no avail. When I pop in Knoppix 4 I'm back on the network in seconds. What am I missing?

    thank you
    frank ross

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: kwifi vs kwlan: how to?

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ross2
    I've used Knoppix 4 for a year and its been a joy to network: I click on kwifi and instantly I'm on the network with a handy graph for connection strength. I recently installed Knoppix 5.11 to the HD and after the first hour I'm afraid: "the network is unreachable". Kwlan reports "unable to configure wlan interface using iwconfig". I've been messing around with the command line to no avail. When I pop in Knoppix 4 I'm back on the network in seconds. What am I missing?

    thank you
    frank ross
    Don't know why it is not working on 5.1.1 while it was working on 4. Need to have answer those developers from the Knoppix developement team.

    However, you can check out the 3 FAQs I wrote on the Network FAQ section and use that as a temp solution.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2
    Hi Chip. I gave it another hour without success. Then I made the "Linux" sensible decision and installed PCLinuxOS over the Windows partition and reinstalled Knoppix 4 on the other partition.

    I think your step by step tutorial on networking is excellent; perfect for noobs. It's great to see someone take the time to write good FAQ responses.

    Thank you
    frank

Similar Threads

  1. Kwlan Reports no Radio
    By borgward in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 09:23 AM
  2. kwlan and wpa_supplicant
    By nnigam in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 06:05 PM
  3. Kwifi Shows Connection but...
    By SniperWolf in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 12:55 AM
  4. KWifi - DHCP
    By HamOpMW in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 04:10 AM
  5. DHCP with Atheros card and KWifi
    By HamOpMW in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 09:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple USB Keyboard Purple Grape Vintage iMac 1998 Translucent M2452 Tested picture

Apple USB Keyboard Purple Grape Vintage iMac 1998 Translucent M2452 Tested

$59.99



Lot of 5 4

Lot of 5 4" Original Vintage Apple Computer Stickers 1980's style lower case

$44.99



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985 picture

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985

$32.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99