Quote Originally Posted by trant
I just know my wireless card is the Intel 2200bg and the secured network is WEP encrypted. Is there an easier way to do this than deal with this bug ridden Kwlan program which keeps crashing?

ps in case someone is going to mention it I already looked in the Network FAQ and it offers no help. Chip's entry is un-doable because my laptop crashed so I cant boot windows to see what drivers were being used.
I went to Intel support web site and download the Intel 2200bg driver zip file. (http://support.intel.com/support/wir...lan/pro2200bg/)

There are 5 driver files with extension ".sys" inside the zip file. They are w29n50.sys, w29n51.sys, NETw4k32.sys, NETw4x32.sys and NETw4x64.sys.

Try to mount to your c: drive with read only mode, check to see if any of those files is in your drivers directory.

Code:
 $ sudo mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /media/hda1 -o ro,umask=000
 $ cd /media/hda1/windows/system32/drivers
 $ ls w29*.sys
 $ ls NETw4*.sys
If you are lucky, you might be able to find the sys file.

Then do some digging on /media/hda1/windows/inf directory and see if you can find the corresponding .inf file. Check to see if there is file with the same name .inf.

You probably need to open those inf file one by one and it could be a painful one too. On my laptop they are all in unicode format. (i.e. if you open those files with vi, you will see a lot of null value "^@" before each character.)

Be-aware that your c: drive may not be /media/hda1 (i.e. could be /media/sda1).

Rgds,
Chip