-
How to change desktop environment kde to xfce4
Hi,
I am tring to remaster the version of Knoppix 5.1,and I want to change the default Desktop environment kde to xfce4.Because Xfce Desktop Environment is a lightweight desktop environment and everything goes faster.The fellow is what I have changed.At chroot environment,I modified the file /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfit,and I uncommented the line 495 and change the DESTTOP="kde" to DESTTOP="xfce4" .
line 495 case"$DESTTOP"in gnome|enlightment|kde|larswm|xfce|xfce4|lg3d|ratpo son|blackbox|openbox|windowsmaker|wmaker|icewm|flu box|twn|nx|rdp|kiosk);;*) DESTTOP="xfce4"
line 496 [ -n "$DESKTOP" ] || DESKTOP="xfce4"
,and I alse modified the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession,and changed the line 77 [ -z "$DESKTOP" ] && DESKTOP='kde' to [ -z "$DESKTOP" ] && DESKTOP='xfce4',and maked Live CD iso.After that ,I tested the iso in the WMware Workstation,but encounter ed the error:
Probing /Loading AGP modules ...
Starting the X Windows System...
Unloading Unneeded AGP modules
X Windows session terminated with errors.
Please check and retry '/etc/init.d/xession start'
Thank you very much for help![/img]
Similar Threads
-
By seballa in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
-
By kanonix in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 03:50 PM
-
By zxc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 01:02 AM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By Nomad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 07:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99