-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix should come with noiz2sa!
A game of this quality should be shown off prominently.
I was trying random games from debian and was blown away by the quality. I looked it up and found out why...it was written by Kenta Cho. The Kenta Cho.
For those not familiar with him: macworld called him "one of today's best independent game programmers" and I hear MTV interviewed him. The point is: he doesn't make "ok" games or "good for open source" games... he makes damn good games even compared to the proprietary best the genre has to offer. The man has fans.
I wanted to try his work ...but I thought he put out proprietary one level demos so I haven't and was shocked to see his stuff in debian. Also shocking was the quality; Debian shoot em ups are generally terrible.
-Knoppix should definitely make a little room for this gem.
Its a niche genre...but people who like the genre will get a kick out of this game. Especially if they've tried some other painful open source shoot em ups.
I imagine competition for space on the CD gets pretty tight...but taking a look at the game menu, there's two instances of Galaga and a Potato Head game so space can't be that tight.
-Getting Cho's other games into debian should be a priority for the part of debian concerned with gaming
He has 10 or so games...they have linux ports...only 2 are in debian. Its just frustrating to see the community waste a gift from the sky like this. Although I think I know why. Most are written in D and theres no FLOSS compiler yet, so they'd probably go into contrib. Still, frustrating.
oh and rRootage is another one of his and is in debian but I find it runs slowly without the proprietary 3D drivers.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99