Try adding the cheatcode nodma. So you start with
knoppix 2 vga=normal nodma
Any good?
Fergus
Please help.
How can I start step by step?
Knoppix 5.1 dont't starts.
By testing I found that the release with Kernel 2.6 didn't start and 2.4 works well.
So I downloaded Knippix 3.6 Version for testing from one CD.
There you can select between starting with kernel 2.4 and 2.6.
I use the option: 2 vga=normal
When I use the Version 2.6
I get the message:
loading linux ...........
loading minirt.gz...... (minirt26.gz)
Ready.
The cursor is flashing the message stays on the screen (with the option: 2 vga=normal)
and nothing more - the keyboard buffer is getting an overflow if I use the keyboart (beeping).
I have tried many different cheat codes.
I wonder whats with the screen, because the isolinux for starting makes screen outputs.
Even in the expert-mode there is no detailed output after the message.
Does anyone now the folloow up of the start process. Is the first what happens - changing
the screen output function (form text to graphic???) that there is not one information
about the next successfull step?
Is there any possibillity to test the start-procedure without screen - beeps for every step -
or output per serial output???
Thanks in advance.
monika
alias the_idealist100
Try adding the cheatcode nodma. So you start with
knoppix 2 vga=normal nodma
Any good?
Fergus
Hallo Fergue,
to Fergue:
thank you for your help - please excuse the in German written replay - it was late
and Iwas very tiered I think.
to all:
the problem is not still in question, because the laptop is defect. With my new
desktop I use knoppix 5.3.1.
Please excuse the in German written replay - it was late and Iwas very tiered I think.
--- Because the problem is never relevant to me, I will not translate all the text. - - -
erst mal danke für den Hilfsversuch. Melde mich so spät, weil ich vorher nicht dazu
gekommen bin, mich um das Thema zu kümmern.
Leider hilft auch das nicht. Hatte am Donnerstag in einem gentoo UsertreffeOriginally Posted by fergus
den Hinweis bekommen, verschiedene cheatcodes zu testen - so ist bereits die
folgende Kombination getestet.
vga=normal noapic nolapic acpi=off apm=off noagp noapm nodma nomce nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi noswap nousb nosmp noaudio pci=biosirq
Mein Problem ist u.a., dass ich kein DSL habe und mir so nicht einmal die DVD
mit Source-Code herunterladen kann.
Auch habe ich ja schon mit fb1024x768 und anderen die Darstellung
beeinflussenden Optionen gearbeitet.
Die einzige möglichkeit die ich sehen würde, wäre ein theoretisches Debuggen
(real geht nicht, da der Bildschirm ja nichts anzeigt oder Knoppix nicht startet)
der ersten Vorgänge beim und nach dem Start, in der Hoffnung den Unterschied
zu finden. Dann könnte man ja eventuell Häppchenweise auf die neue Release
umstellen. Dazu braucht man jedoch abgesehen von dem Aufwand an Zeit noch
einen Zweiten Rechner, von dem aus man immer wieder eine geänderte Zwischen-
version erzeugen könnte.
Nun ja zu dem Thema mache ich mal ein neues Thread auf.
Nochmals Danke!
Gruß
The_idealist100

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y
$270.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00
TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Mz (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory
$97.76