-
Junior Member
registered user
Thank you drb for your very informative inputs. 
Basically I have been getting a lot of positive feedbacks regarding Ubuntu so I decided to go for it, though I can't say that I have completely made up my mind.
So all these inputs really helps me a lot.
I remember once I have installed Ubuntu ver 6.06 in an old PC, but it really developed issues while I tried to install the nVidia display drivers. There was no proper display afterwards. As NTFS Read-Write support is very important for me, I shall surely check the distro you pointed out. Could you please let me know the website for it?
BTW, what exactly is a Linux Box? Is it a PC only having Linux as its OS or it is something like a Virtual Machine?
Thank you again.
Similar Threads
-
By dcleghorn in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
-
By Krendall in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By walterma in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 07:52 AM
-
By Markus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:59 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$22.00

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99