-
Junior Member
registered user
NTFS Read Write Support and other Features
Hello to everyone 
This is my first post and I hope that I'm posting in the right section.
I am planning to use Linux beside my Windows installation, and I have zeroed down on Knoppix as most of my friends (as well as tech magazines in my country) recommended it as the best Live Distro available. But before I start using it I would love to have some of my doubts cleared, which are as follows:
1. In live Cd mode will it be possible to access the NTFS partitions in both READ and WRITE mode? That is whether I shall be able to read as well as write data in my NTFS drives without installing Knoppix.
2. I tried but I could not find the full list of softwares packages included in the latest Knoppix DVD (English Edition), so could some one please provide me the link if such a page exists?
3. Is Knoppix based on Debian?
4. Is there any free e books available for novice Knoppix users like me? If yes please provide me the link.
5. Is it possible to install new softwares which are not included in Knoppix DVD while running Knoppix in Live CD mode?
I know some of these questions may sound quite mundane as well as foolish, but please understand that I am very fresh in the Linux world but highly enthusiastic about it.
Sorry if I missed anything in the FAQ. 
So please help me out.
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By dcleghorn in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
-
By Krendall in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By walterma in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 07:52 AM
-
By Markus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:59 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99