-
Can't access my HD
I had the Windows error that the following file is corrupt or missing C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM and had tried every possible solution to remedy this that I could find with no luck. So I tried Linux, but when I click on my HD it tells me it cannot be accessed and to try chkdsk /f then reboot twice. I tried this in the Windows repair console and was told that that is not a command. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try this. Assuming that your Windows hard drive partition is located at /dev/hda1 (it could be somewhere else), open up a KNOPPIX console terminal window and type:
sudo su
mkdir /mnt/hda1
mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
konqueror /mnt/hda1 &
and see if you can get to your files (read-only)
Similar Threads
-
By markleong in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:19 PM
-
By outsider in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 11:04 PM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:39 PM
-
By cehjohnson in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99