-
Thanks, JohnnyH
The HD install is not my primary distribution right now; it is to serve as a supplement to my main distribution.
The principal reason for installing, as I indicated above, is to customize and remaster the live CD.
The locale setting is one of the first things I checked and it is set for USA (although I'm in Canada) and English. lang=us set that parameter correctly. It appears that kbd data is the only thing that's screwed up.
I kept trying keys until I got enough information to "su - root" and edit the kdmrc file to allow root logins--and lo, the personalizer wizard CAME UP IN ENGLISH instead of German, and sure enough, the keyboard layout was US.
So, although the basic problem remains, it is of little consequence for my purposes, since I can now log into the GUI as root and personalize my installation using synaptic. I hate mysteries, but this one can wait for another day.
Is there a way I can mark this one solved?
Similar Threads
-
By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
-
By CSY in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:10 PM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:13 PM
-
By GREGC in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00