-
HDD Read Only After Reformat
I had knoppix installed but with grub. However after removing the partition and reformatting the partition knoppix was on and trying to install again it says drive is read only. I am thinking that linux may still be there as I did the partition thing twice as the first time it still booted under grub back to knoppix. Thats when I used the FDISK/mbr.
If I have a current system state would this help my situation and if so how? Secondly is there anyway I can know whats up with the read only access.
Keep in mind I am installing this one a second partition on a second hdd. The primary partition on the second hdd is part of the primary xp os that I need to keep as is as it has my software for the first hdd installed on it. So whats next? Please reread over this a couple of times to understand my situation. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By collectorx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
-
By Linunix in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-02-2006, 01:17 PM
-
By marksoccer105 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By Lamont in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 03:19 AM
-
By hitz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY
$32.99

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR
$37.40

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515
$22.00

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$39.99

NEW OEM Genuine RJ40G 4 Cell Laptop Battery Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 M033W
$42.19

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576
$26.99