-
Troubles starting Knoppix 3.2 on an HP dc5750 desktop-pc
Hello,
I am trying to start Knoppix 3.2 on an HP dc5750 desktop-pc.
After booting with failsafem, I get following displays:
......
......
SMP motherboard not detected
enabled EXTINT on CPU#0
ESR value before enabling vector: 00000000
ESR value after enabling vector: 00000000
Using local APIC timer interrupts
calibrating APIC timer
......... CPU clock speed is 1995.1015 MHz
......... Host bus clock speed is 0.000 MHz
cpu:0, clocks:0, slice:0
-
Here the system freezes and I have to shut it off.
I tryed many cheat-codes, without success.
Anybody can help me?
Thanks a lot,
Sergio
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
There were actually many different versions of 3.2, many to fix something that was found broken in the previous release, sometimes they seemed to come multiple times in the same week. Are you aware that 3.2 is over 4 years old? I don't know what your particular problem is, but it could well be that the hardware is too new for that software to support. Would tryng a current 5.x version, or at least 4.02, be out of the question?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Screen resolution with ATI Radeon X1300 is 800x600
Hello Harry,
Thank you for your help, it works. Knoppix V5.1.1 starts, but the screen resolution is only 800x600.
But I want 1600x1200. I tryed many chaetcodes, without success.
My grafic card is an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro and the screen an EIZO FlexScan S2100.
I red a few Internet articles about Linux drivers for this grafic card, but I did not untestand them.
Do you have any suggestion?
Thank you and best greetings
Sergio
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Sorry, I have no insight to offer on that ATI card. You might try the forum search feature to see if it's been discussed before.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By mgs_oleg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2007, 09:12 AM
-
By catlord17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By Pelvis Resley in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By malic in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 09:05 AM
-
By knopperj in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping
$22.99

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00