Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: cant boot from usb

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3

    cant boot from usb

    Hi
    i have been trying from a usb flash drive but it wont cant boot from it i gave followed every single step in this website http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01...-510,Yesterday I was able to boot from a dvd perfectly.I have an emachines t 3504 which has a celron with 3.2Ghz and 1256mb of ram.Please help me

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3
    sorry about my English I was typing in a hurry and I am not very good at writing

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I have found that many systems just can't boot from a USB device properly, it seems to be a BIOS issue. I have an HP Pavilion ZE 4240 notebook that, in spite of having a BIOS option for booting from USB, would never boot a Linux flash device properly. I tried the flash drive on several other devices including an IBM notebook with the same bad results. But I was able to boot the same flash device last year on a newer HP Pavilion dv6000 notebook.

    So, while you mau not like tis answer, many computers just don't boot flash devices properly.

    I have seen some speculation that this might also depend on how the flash device is formatted, but I don't have any hard facts on how to test this or how to correct it.

    One thing that you might want to do as an aditional test is download DSL, a small Live CD that has a very good flash install script in it. It will make a flash drive for you that you can easily test on different systems, with more confidence that any boot problems are due to the computer and not what's on the flash drive.

    And, of course, if a BIOS does have a boot from USB option, you need to be sure that the boot order has the USB device before the hard drive.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3
    thank u i will try that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New picture

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New

$185.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$299.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping picture

Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping

$22.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99