-
No wireless
I know, I know. "Have you tried searching?"
Yes. I've searched high and low. I'm now just asking random strangers on the street if they know how to connect to the wireless network with Knoppix. And I know the question has been asked in this very forum a gazillion times. None of the answers seem to help. Either they don't directly apply, or they're over my head. I just can't figure it out. I have a Compaq V2000 with a built in Broadcom wireless card. Near as I can tell, Knopix doesn't even know the card is there. I downloaded NDISwrapper, but it's on my hard drive. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to extract it while running knoppix, and then I'm not sure what to do with it. My plan is to try to get it up and running on my laptop. If I like it, I'll commit to wiping windows off and installing a distro I haven't picked yet. Leaning towards Mandrake.
When trying to help, keep in mind, my entire Linux experience consists of playing with Knoppix for the lst 48 hours. I'm gong to need the advice dumbed down. Pretend I'm 10 years old. And learning disabled. And recovering from a head injury.
TIA
BTW, I also have a Linksys USB wireless adapter. Knoppix doesn't seem to like it any better than my on-board card.
Similar Threads
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Netgear AV Line M4250-9G1F-PoE+ GSM4210PD 10-Port PoE+ Managed L3 Network Switch
$378.00