-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: No wireless

Originally Posted by
nitsuj
Yes. I've searched high and low.
Then do just one more search. Scroll up to the top of this page. Click on Documentation, then click on FAQ, then scroll down a bit and click on Network FAQ.
Check out FAQ Q&A 2 and 3. It may not be a 100% fit your case but at least will give you a real time example on how to ndiswrapper a wireless driver and attempts to connect to the network.

Originally Posted by
nitsuj
I downloaded NDISwrapper, but it's on my hard drive. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to extract it while running knoppix, and then I'm not sure what to do with it.
You don't need to do that, Knoppix 5.1.1 already contains ndiswrapper.

Originally Posted by
nitsuj
BTW, I also have a Linksys USB wireless adapter. Knoppix doesn't seem to like it any better than my on-board card.
Again check out same FAQ Q&A 6.
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00