-
I am SOOO close - ping router, but no internet
Howdy!
I'm not a noob to Linux, but I've just tried out Knoppix for the first time...on an Apple Mac Mini (Intel DuoCore). Boots and runs fine from CD. However, I cannot get the networking right. I can get eth1 "active", I can ping myself, I can ping my DSL's router, but I cannot get to the internet in general. (Cannot open a browser window to a site, or even PING a site like www.cnn.com.) I know I'm close, I even tried following a FAQ, I show the loopback and my local address of 192.168.1.40. The router is 192.168.1.1. I just can't get PAST the router.
So I know I'm VERY close, I just need a little push. Any suggestions?
TIA.
MrDuck
Similar Threads
-
By Chief_Wiggum in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
-
By granduke in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By CapNemo in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:58 PM
-
By megahertzme in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99