-
Okay, I'm back from booting over to Knoppix.
1) I CANNOT ping knoppix.net.
2) I CAN ping 72.232.180.133.
So that basically means I have "a DNS issue". ifconfig shows my eth1 information and my loopback information.
Tried netcardconfig both DHCP auto, and by trying it manually, local IP 192.168.1.40, mask 255.255.240.0, gateway IP is 192.168.1.1, and nameservers I've tried both 192.168.1.1 (default) and 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220 (OpenDNS dns servers), no difference.
I can still ping addresses, but not by name.
I'm going to be off for the next five hours, I'll be back after that. But again, thank you VERY much for your prompt response!!!
MrDuck
Similar Threads
-
By Chief_Wiggum in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
-
By granduke in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By CapNemo in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:58 PM
-
By megahertzme in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00