-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
MrDuck
.... local IP 192.168.1.40, mask 255.255.240.0, gateway IP is 192.168.1.1, and nameservers I've tried both 192.168.1.1 (default) and 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220 (OpenDNS dns servers), no difference.
Yup, some sort of DNS issue.
I don't know that router, but I have seen an old Belkin router that would DHCP fine with Windows but not with Linux. It was a router issue, not a Linux issue. I have also seen reports here of problems with DNS servers and ipv6 vs. ipv4, but since you have tried using both the gateway as a DNS server and some open DNS servers I doubt that is your issue.
I quoted the above because it doesn't look right. I don't know that router, but does it really support 4094 devices (4096 addresses based on the mask)? Most home devices support far fewer, 256 addresses or less. If it's correct then great, but if it's wrong it would throw off ARP pretty bad.
By the way, you should be able to get to this site by putting the above ip address in a browser. More interesting than just pinging it. But you'll still want DNS services working.
Good Luck.
Similar Threads
-
By Chief_Wiggum in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
-
By granduke in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By CapNemo in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:58 PM
-
By megahertzme in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00